Buyer / Purchasing Officer
Ref No: bk.5589.pur.w10.21
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Buyer / Purchaser | Dublin (North/M50) | c.50k + Package
Our client is one of the larger Tier 1 main contractors/developers, with some individual current projects to the value of €115m. The intention is that this candidate will eventually become Procurement Manager for the Group.
Role and responsibilities:
- Sourcing of materials, plant, equipment, and services and managing vendors including negotiating pricing contracts with each material supplier.
- Manage material supplier contracts that achieve cost, delivery, quality, and service targets as required by the business. Meet suppliers, as necessary.
- Ensure that all materials follow specifications, health, and safety legislation, building regulations and environmental standards.
- Research and identification of new materials & suppliers for design and cost savings and develop and implement purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of supply and delivery times.
- Forecast upcoming demand, monitor pricing trends, and advise and report to the management team as appropriate.
- Maintain procurement files and purchase agreements to an auditable standard.
- Liaise with Estimating Department personnel in providing up to date materials suppliers costs information.
- Manage the filing of all dockets and reconciling same against invoices.
- Sign off of all invoices through accounts system and coordination of same with project
- Tracking material orders versus BOQ quantities’.
- Approval and filing of BCAR documents associated with materials ordered
- Managing the drawing register on site
Email: Barry Kelly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your ICDS Consultant