Ref No: au.hsm.dub
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Health & Safety Manager – Dublin region
Our client, a highly reputable Tier 1 main contractor in Ireland, have a number of exciting market leading and landmark projects that the successful candidate would be involved in together with experienced staff and great support structures in place in particular for learning and further development.
• NEBOSH Construction Diploma or equivalent.
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent (*)
• NVQ Level 4 / EFQ L5 on Occupational Health and Safety or Equivalent.
• Internal Auditor
• Mandatory aspects of L & D directory
• SEATS for Managers or equivalent IEMA programme.
• Awareness of lifting operations BS 7121/IS 361
• Temp Works Awareness incl knowledge of TWC role.
• Incident Investigation Training
Experience & Skills:
• CMIOSH, Grad IOSH (*)
• At least 8 (5*) years in construction industry.
• At least 8 (5*) years as a Health and Safety professional.
• Be influencial.
• Good IT skills.
• Be inquisitive in root cause outcomes.
• Lead on improvement initiatives
• Effective and confident training provider.
• Managing & developing trainees
• Assist the BU HSE Manager in the consistent roll out of company strategy and expectations within SOPs, Guidance etc.
• Perform risk reviews in absence of BU HSE Manager. Contribute to risk reviews.
• Attend sites following accidents/incidents and assist with the investigation. In the absence of the Project Director lead the investigation.
• Understand bespoke client requirements and tailor management system to same with line manager approval.
• Alert your line manager if there are signs of deterioration or lack of ownership to delivering expected company and / or bespoke client safety requirements.
• Assist the BU HSE Manager with tender and prequalification submissions where requested advising on Health and Safety concerns as well as helping provide practical solutions.
• Attend Start Up meetings with the site teams.
• Where requested attend other meetings with Client & supply chain.
• Coach staff at all levels in Health and Safety expectations and standards
• Implement the management system and coach and encourage others to use it appropriately.
• Foster innovative ideas for enhanced safety performance.
Package available will be aligned with the candidates experience, qualifications and competencies.
Please send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org