Ref No: au.costman.ldn
Senior Quantity Surveyor (M&E) - London
£Neg + Package
Exciting opportunity to join a leading Cost Consultancy working on large data centre projects. They are looking to hire a Senior PQS M&E Quantity Surveyor with a strong background in mechanical and electrical estimating, tender evaluations, onsite cost controls etc.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to optimize projects costs, implement value engineering, and ensure value for money whilst still achieving and delivering the highest standards and quality.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide commercial and contract support throughout the project
• Produce cost plans/estimates to provide client detailed budgets
• Ensure initial cost plans are sufficient to carry out the works
• Analyse tenders to ensure value for money and that the works have been procured at the best market rates
• Close out commercial, change orders and contract issues
• Perform interim valuations to ensure subcontractor payments are correct and made in a timely manner
• Forecast and monitor cash flow/accruals to ensure a positive cash flow is maintained, liaising with the client’s financial team
• Assist in the reparation and agreement of final accounts, including the handling of any claims to ensure the client gets best value from works undertaken
• Produce cost analysis feedback/lessons learned to the client for future works
• Manage a team of quantity surveyors
Desired Experience and Education:
• PQS experience
• Data centre experience
• Excellent IT skills (CostX experience advantageous)
• Qualification in surveying, engineering or trade experience in mechanical or electrical field
• Must have PQS/Consultancy exposure with MEP.
• Ideal candidate to have also data centre experience
Please send cv to email@example.com