Ref No: jb.snr.eng.wk4
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€70,000 - €80,000 per annum
Senior Site Engineer – Apartments
€70-80k + Package
Required for leading private developer renowned for high-quality residential (apartment) and commercial developments across Dublin.
The Group has an extensive residential landbank throughout the Greater Dublin Area and surrounding counties, comprising a mix of traditional low density suburban new homes and higher density apartments developments.
They are currently just starting on new large apartment development in Dublin City.
The Senior Site Engineer is responsible for the oversight, coordination, and technical delivery of key works packages, acting as the primary main contactor liaison with subcontractors for the resolution of technical queries and bottlenecks as they arise.
Working closely with the Project Manager, Site Manager and Quantity Surveyor, principal accountabilities include ensuring timely and accurate flow of information between the design team and subcontractors and overseeing the implementation of the Quality Management System.
• Overseeing technical delivery of critical works packages including site development; sub-structures; super structure; envelope and certain internal works.
• Coordination of subcontract packages to ensure effective sequencing and programming of the works including reviewing design and prioritising Information requirements – tracking RFIs & Information Release Schedule
• Upfront resolution of technical queries and buildability issues in conjunction with the Project Design Team and Subcontractors, to determine optimum building system selection and assist long-lead materials ordering
• Responsible for establishing control points, setting grids, establishing formation levels, checking works package engineers and production of as-built surveys
• Managing the building teams Project Inspection Plan, ensuring appropriate quality control check systems, installation method inspections and materials testing procedures in place and implemented
• Coordinating the input of design team, assigned certifier and insurance representative inspections at key stages and hold-points.
Tracking / analysing inspection and tests results to ensure early identification and timely closeout of Observations and IFCO’s raised as part of the BCAR process
• Management / monitoring of temporary works installation (inc. excavation support, floor propping, scaffolding etc), liaising with Temporary Works designer. Monitoring the structural integrity of adjoining neighbouring building
Degree Qualified in Engineering, Construction Management
3+ years post qualification experience
Project Management mindset - understanding of the interrelationships between design information management and on-time procurement / construction delivery
Technical Design - understanding of High-Density Residential Apartments Technical design elements and assemblies; understanding the key coordination challenges across the design disciplines and the drivers of quality and cost
Appreciation of Value Engineering and Modern Methods of Construction
Contact John.Behan@icds.ie to discuss or call 01-632-120