Ref No: au.civdeseng.cork
County Cork, Republic of Ireland
Civil/Structural Design Engineer
Our client is a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, and the UK. Since inception, they have executed countless projects within the utilities sector and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity.
They also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment, and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.
The company plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable, and sustainable networks for future generations.
Due to their expanding portfolio, they are seeking a Civil/ Structural Design Engineer to join the team to work on civil & structural design works in either Tralee or Cork Engineering Office.
Our client provides a highly specialised engineering design and consultancy service within the utilities sector.
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Emphasis on career development
• 22 days holidays
• Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
• Access to life assurance upon completion of probation.
• Sick pay after completion of probation.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Employee Healthcare Discount
Key tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
• Working under direction of Senior Design engineer
• Assisting with designing steelwork and reinforced concrete
• Foundation design
• Structural design to Eurocode Standards
• Preparation of material specifications
• Preparation of calculations and drawings
• On-site quality auditing and recording as-built information
• Temporary works design
• Processing of survey and site investigation information
• Drawing preparation & detailing - AutoCAD
• Occasional travel to and from work sites
The Ideal Candidate:
• Minimum Degree qualified - Civil/Structural Engineering (NFQ Level 8)
• Relevant industry experience though not essential, would be an advantage
• Strong technical and design ability essential
• Strong IT skills required. Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an advantage, but training will be provided where necessary
• Excellent team worker with effective communication and interpersonal skills
• A flexible approach to work & full drivers licence will be required
• Formal report writing and professional presentation of work essential
If interested, please apply online