Director - Health and Safety
Ref No: bk.3418.safety.gta.q4.22
$150,000 - $175,000 per annum
Director, Safety (Civil & Rail) | Toronto, Canada
c.$150/175k+ & Profit Share, Car, Pension, Bonus, Executive Benefits
Our client is the partner of choice for end-to-end delivery of integrated Urban Transportation Solutions including Light Rail Transit (LRT), subways & commuter rail systems across the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). You will play a key role in driving EHS excellence across this growing sector while reporting to the VP.
- Member of the Safety Senior Management Team accountable for contributing to the development of EHS strategy at the organizational level.
- Actively participate in operational Senior Management team meetings and engage senior leaders on EHS related issues and opportunities with a focus on action.
- Build strong relationships with EHS counterparts on JVs to ensure ongoing collaboration, communication, and support.
- Inspects and audits project facilities and recommends corrective and or preventative measures.
- Collaborates with EHS Claims team on workers’ compensation and claims management processes.
- Supervise/conduct accident investigations, analyze trends and ensure corrective actions are addressed.
- Develop EHS proposals and assists in marketing strategies and presentations.
- Assist sector with marketing strategies, prequalification’s, bids, and proposals.
- Prepares quarterly status reports for the VP of Safety.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant 3rd level qualification.
- Several years’ experience in a senior Safety role in the Construction/Civil industry.
- Knowledge of change management principles – ability to drive, lead and support change in the Group.
- Experience with carrying out major incident investigations.
- Ability to research and prepare high level reports on EHS and improvement strategies at the sector level.
- Ability to influence the strategic direction of the business at a sector level.
Search & contact Barry Kelly on LinkedIn email@example.com 086-232-5706 for a confidential discussion.