Health & Safety Advisor
Ref No: nw.hsa.brmhm
West Midlands, UK
£48,000 - £52,000 per annum
Job Title: Health and Safety Advisor
Health and Safety Advisor for a leading Main Contractor on a HS2 site in Curdworth, Birmingham while being employed through ICDS.
We are constructing a box culvert for the HS2 line to use. Site has up to 100 people daily.
You will take all the morning briefs explaining what work is being carried out on each day and any other issues we have come across the previous day, explaining all sites rules, any clashes with trades working in certain areas that could be a potential risk etc.
Carry out any inductions and also RAMS re-briefing or if any new task briefing tasks that have come up and go through them with the trade’s carpenters, steel fixers, concrete gang or general operatives and get them signed up.
Through the day carry out health and safety audits, reports, checking plant and Mewp loler records, plant and Mewp daily check sheets, checking harness daily sheets are being completed and also checking site is using all correct PPE and following all rules.
While dealing with any issues the workers have regarding their safety or issues, they have themselves.
The ideal candidate will hold the NEBOSH Construction qualification as a minimum.
- Develop and implement comprehensive health and safety plans tailored to the unique needs of the civil engineering project.
- Conduct regular safety inspections, risk assessments, and audits to identify potential hazards and recommend corrective actions.
- Provide guidance and training to project personnel and contractors on safe work practices and procedures.
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and contractors to ensure that safety standards are integrated into all project phases.
- Investigate and report on accidents, incidents, and near misses, and recommend preventive measures.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant health and safety regulations and industry best practices to ensure compliance.
- Maintain accurate safety records, reports, and documentation.
- Foster a culture of safety awareness and continuous improvement on-site.
- Communicate effectively with all project stakeholders regarding safety issues and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or a related field is preferred.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Certified Safety Professional, Construction Health and Safety Technician) are a plus.
- Proven experience as a Health and Safety Advisor or similar role in civil engineering or construction projects.
- Strong knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations and standards, including OSHA and relevant local regulations.
- Experience in risk assessment, incident investigation, and emergency response planning.
- Familiarity with construction and civil engineering processes, equipment, and machinery.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively convey safety-related information to diverse audiences.
- Proficient in the use of safety management software and tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make critical decisions in high-pressure situations.
Please apply online or contact Nithin at ICDS.