Ref No: AM16665
Louth, Co. Louth, Ireland
Embedded Hardware Development and Integration Architect
This is an exciting role and a key position within the Electronics Research & Development Department. The successful candidate will join a team of motivated and focused engineers, having responsibility for design, development and support, through to mass production. The research and development group works with national and international companies and partners in the design and delivery of state of the art control solutions, spanning the full spectrum of technologies from basic through to Internet of Things (IoT) specification. As part of the embedded systems team, you will be afforded the opportunity to work in the development of these projects, through to deployment.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Lead the development of embedded hardware in accordance with divisional development plan.
• Develop modular hardware solutions for deployment into the division's portfolio of products.
• Work with semiconductor manufacturers and global innovation leaders, investigate and define the intelligent system requirements to facilitate implementation of current and future communications and control solutions within the division.
• Manage and co-ordinate hardware development projects utilising internal and third-party resources.
• Research and report on new and innovative embedded technologies which may be integrated into the product portfolio.
• Support development of interface to third party solutions
• Implement training plans to facilitate upskilling of engineers.
• As a technical lead, the candidate will provide leadership and centralised management for the planning, development and execution of concurrent technical projects.
• As a technical lead, the candidate will actively participate in development, with specific additional responsibilities.
Collaborative Responsibilities and Tasks:
Take the lead in the development and implementation of test processes and procedures to verify design operation, product life cycle and compliance to internal and international standards.
Coordinate with staff and external organisations to ensure the efficient generation and dissemination of project documentation, including system specifications, bills of materials, design files and technical support documentation.
Provide a high-level of input into the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOP).
Collaborate with national and international companies, partners and project stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery within specific time and budged constraints.
Take the lead in design reviews and problem resolution.
Implement training plans to facilitate upskilling of company and third party engineers.
Interested candidates must have a relevant degree in Embedded Systems, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline with at least 5 years' experience.
Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to engage effectively at all levels.
An exact understanding of systems design engineering, control and communication principles.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to understand complex problems and generate appropriate pragmatic technical solutions.
Proven ability to analyse technical development/design issues and manage them through to resolution. Prototype build and test.
Experience of product design to relevant international standards.
Implement and control technical changes during the products lifecycle.
Good knowledge of industry specific codes and safety standards.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages.
Proven ability to design, validate and implement electronic circuits.
Mixed electrical and electronic circuit analysis and debug.