Ref No: AM17023
Clare, Co. Clare, Ireland
Facilities Engineer- County Clare.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Co-coordinating facility repairs, installations, small construction re-modelling, grounds improvement, and maintenance projects.
• Liaising with other functions and Value Streams to complete re-modelling projects with minimum disruption to production or services.
• Supervising, assigning, and reviewing the work of external contractors to ensure that work is completed in accordance with the health & safety, timeliness and standards of quality set out in the contracts / Purchase Orders.
• Control and manage permits to work for contractors
• Analyzing and investigating general facilities/maintenance issues, preparing and compiling written reports for the Facilities Manager with solutions and/or recommendations.
• Ensuring compressors, HVAC, LEV’s, fire pumps, generators and other site services are operating to the required standard
• Assisting in the reduction of services costs through energy efficiency management techniques.
• Generating and maintaining plant drawings where appropriate.
• Maintain maintenance work order database
• Plan & assist with the installation and set-up of new production cells and services.
• Assist in the installation, set-up and commissioning of new production equipment.
• Monitor and maintain an appropriate level of spare parts for key equipment.
• Provide input towards the continual improvement of the maintenance function.
Interested applicants should have:
• A degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services Engineering or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in a similar industrial environment.
• Experience and a working knowledge of HVAC, Compressors, Water Cooling systems, sprinkler system, and other utility systems.
• Experience in small construction projects, plant modification.
• Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
• A systematic approach to problem solving.