Ref No: AM17304
County Clare, Republic of Ireland
Hardware Design Engineer - County Clare.
In this role you will be responsible for hardware architecture and board level design of products and systems. In your role you will be a part of the team that brings new products from concept through to high-volume manufacturing. The role will include the component engineering activities that are vital to ensuring a secure supply chain through the life of the products.
Interested candidates should have experience in some or all of the following areas:
• Low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, and analogue design and mixed-signal board-level design.
• Processor architecture, digital circuit design and embedded systems.
• Sourcing, evaluating & selecting components for new & established designs
• Various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB.
• Familiarity with RF technology - antenna design, impedance matching, performance tuning of RF circuits
• Experience integrating RF technologies such as Zigbee, Zwave, WIFI, BlueTooth.
• Leading and driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly, and test house validation
• Robust designs for ESD/EMI immunities and RF de-sensitisation.
• Partnering with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
You should have an honours degree (and ideally a post-graduate qualification) in Electronic Engineering.
• At least 6 years' experience in consumer product design, including circuit design, component engineering, integration, embedded systems, and debugging
• Have strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders across multiple disciplines
• Have strong communication and documentation skills and ability to operate autonomously
• Have a good understanding of manufacturing process including DFM and DFT for consumer products
• Have a good working knowledge of the technical concepts involved in the development of products and processes