Ref No: AM17362
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Manufacturing Engineer Technician - West Dublin (D15)
Hours of work for this position are:
08:00-16.30 pm Mondays – Thursdays; 08:00 – 15.30 pm Fridays
• This role will require providing a high level of support to the Manufacturing Engineering team in equipment and process support (including machine maintenance) to printed circuit disassembly lines. You will act as the interface between the manufacturing line and OEM field service and support.
• Responsible for the maintenance and development of machine programs, part definition (PD) files and machine set-ups.
• Ensure the optimisation of machine programs and set-ups to meet or exceed theoretical product run-rate.
• Provide assistance, guidance and perform training as required in the repair and preventive maintenance of disassembly/line equipment.
• Support in the diagnosis of equipment issues and execute repairs within skill level.
• Escalate appropriate issues to senior members of the engineering team where appropriate and provide assistance as needed to accomplish repairs.
• Liaise with and manage external vendors and assist those persons on the completion of tasks.
• Assist in identifying potential machine failures, and undiagnosed trends to reduce equipment downtime, and work with the equipment manufacturer to improve and rectify identified problems with equipment.
• Maintain a high level of service and repair training on new equipment as it is added to line configurations.
• Assist in the coordination of line re-configurations and machine move activities, including equipment arrival, positioning and installation.
• Serve as the technical expert for the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of supported manufacturing machines, and provide specialised training and assistance on that equipment when required.
• Assist Manufacturing Engineers as requested in achieving optimum process performance.
• Provide recommendations for designing, fabricating and / or modifying necessary tooling, and product Design for Manufacturability (DFM) improvements.
• Monitor and maintain the upgrade level of software on all manufacturing equipment to ensure the highest possible equipment efficiency and uniformity throughout the plant.
• Interface with and assist the Engineering and Equipment Process and Software Engineering Groups to successfully achieve common goals and complete special projects.
• Maintain continuous communication with the team.
Interested applicants should have:
• The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ideally a Diploma level qualification in an Engineering discipline required.
• At least 3-5 years' experience in a similar role is required
• Proficiency in Microsoft excel with intermediate to advanced excel skills.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and third parties.
It would be an advantage (not essential) to have:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing