Ref No: AM17692
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Manufacturing Engineering Technician - West Dublin.
This is a fixed-evenings shift, 3.15pm to 11.15pm Monday to Thursday and 2.15pm to 9.15pm on Fridays.
• Perform preventative maintenance, calibration, and repair of manufacturing equipment and other speciality support equipment used in the manufacturing process.
• Provide equipment and process support (including machine maintenance) to assembly lines.
• Demonstrate hands-on experience in the required process.
• Be relentless in exploring new and latest methods in improving assembly techniques.
• Lead process and equipment evaluation aligned to the needs of Site as assigned by the ME Manager.
• Knowledge of basic statistics and knowledge of carrying out a DOE is an advantage.
• Understanding of DFM/A, FMEA and IPC requirements.
• Able to write technical reports for the site.
Interested applicants should have:
• Computer literate with intermediate / advanced MS Office skills.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Minimum NFQ Higher Certificate (Level 6) in either Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical / Electronic, Aircraft Systems, Process Technology, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing, Industrial Automation, Maths, or have completed a Trades Apprenticeship. Level 7 qualification is a plus.
• At least 1-3 years’ experience working as a Machine Operator, or in a similar role, is required.
• Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
• Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.