Ref No: AM17701
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Days) - West Dublin.
This is a Monday to Friday days position.
• Perform preventative maintenance, calibration, and repair of manufacturing equipment and other specialty support equipment used in the manufacturing process.
• Provide equipment and process support (including machine maintenance) to assembly lines.
• Perform preventative maintenance, calibration, and repair as instructed by manufacturer on all component feeders and other pieces of support equipment used in the manufacturing process i.e. microscopes, haloes, soldering irons, hot air pencils, torque drivers, and other equipment as assigned.
• Co-ordinate maintenance schedule of supported equipment based upon production schedule.
• Assist in the ordering, inventory and sourcing of machine repair parts.
• Assist manufacturing engineering technicians in the production and process support of the manufacturing lines as assigned by the machine support supervisor.
• Assist process engineers in locating parts and supplies needed for emergency line maintenance.
• Assist with the receipt or shipment of feeders and other supported equipment to include the inventory and in or out processing of equipment in the maintenance management system.
• Assist with the crating and uncrating of equipment, line moves and the movement and installation of machinery as required.
• Assist with the maintenance of inventory records for all manufacturing machines.
• Log maintenance performed on machines in database.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
Interested applicants should have:
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills
• Minimum NFQ Level 6 or 7 in a technical discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mechatronics or Biomedical or similar).
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Manufacturing Engineering Technician or similar is required.
• Knowledge of carrying out Design of Experiments (DOE) is an advantage.
• Understanding of Design for Maintainability (DFM) and Failure Mode Effective Analysis (FMEA) is an advantage.
• Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is desirable.