Ref No: AM17430
Co. Dublin, Ireland
NPI Quality Engineer - West Dublin.
• Support the NPI team in the identification, data analysis and resolution of issues in New Product Introduction and ensure the compliance of the site to the APQP process.
• Implement corrective/preventive actions for problem resolution and continuous improvement by creating documents and procedures to support ongoing manufacturing process.
• Represent the quality function as technical support in the NPI Team and promote quality awareness and support team building activities.
• Manage the approval process for the first build with the customer.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
• Develop and maintain QA plans and timeliness of global new product introductions utilising Advanced Product Quality Planning and Process Optimisation specific to the customer.
• Provide support for all quoting activities by participation in initial process design, development, and implementation phases
• Evaluate and provide input to inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines
• Support all global training programs specific to the customer by development and implementation of specialised training sessions for all applicable functions.
• Develop appropriate systems for document storage, access and review pertaining to global customer accounts.
• Review all supplier, internal, and customer discrepancies, coordinate and track the effectiveness of corrective/proactive action efforts on NPI products
• Conduct periodic review and maintenance of all documentation files; develop appropriate systems for document storage and access.
• Review all supplier or customer NPI discrepancies. Coordinate and track the corrective/preventative action effort.
• Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable. Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
• Provide insight and assistance in implementing and maintaining Process Improvement and Optimization concentrating on proactive methodologies.
• Act as product quality representative working with the customer and design and manufacturing teams on new products
• Ensuring the best product is produced to meet capacity, reliability and design intents
• Use APQP principles and follow customers' APQP processes to create methods and systems to ensure product quality
• Lead all PFMEA activities to eliminate or reduce risks to product quality
• Participate in all NPI reviews with customers, taking the lead on all quality related workflows
• Review and sign off on all PPAP processes from suppliers
• Coordinate with other functions and report status at various phase gates
• Lead the deployment of Quality Engineering tools for the effective and efficient development, transfer, and maintenance of products throughout the product life cycle.
• Assist in driving the standardisation of manufacturing processes of global customer accounts.
• Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed
Interested applicants should be:
• Computer literate with intermediate / advanced MS Office skills.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail. Proven ability to meet deadlines
• A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Degree in mechanical engineering, quality engineering, manufacturing engineering or other technically related discipline
• At least 5 years’ experience
• Demonstrated ability to utilize Six Sigma tools (FMEA's, Gauge R&R, Capability Analysis, Statistical Process Control) and statistical tools (Minitab etc.)
• Skilled at reading 2D part drawings and understanding GD&T
• Familiar with Solidworks or similar CAD software
• Experience in electronic manufacturing environment an advantage.
• Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.