Ref No: AM17506
Galway, Co. Galway, Ireland
Principal Hardware Engineer - Galway.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining the company's products through their product lifecycle, in existing markets as well as supporting new product or market entries. As Principal Hardware Engineer, you will lead all development and sustaining work across the electronics discipline.
• In conjunction with the CTO, you will propose, agree within the business and execute planned development activity for both new and current products/enhancements/cost reduction activity
• Be the in-house lead for embedded hardware support and development of the product.
• Work closely with the Software Lead and the Director of Strategic Projects to meet project deadlines and manage delivery by third party vendors.
• Act as the interface between the R&D team and Manufacturing/Operations to ensure seamless transfer of newly developed products and product revisions from the development environment.
• Lead the product handover for any new products from R&D to manufacturing.
• Responsible for the maintenance of and sustaining of products through the full product lifecycle.
• Support any changes to the manufacturing process as a result of product changes.
• Support Operations in the identification, assessment and utilisation of new technologies.
• Generation of requirements, specifications, and drawings for fabrication, assembly, testing, and delivery of end-products.
• Assist with pre-production activities including design validations and FMEA’s.
• Recommend tooling and process requirements for new and existing products.
• Introduce cost effective methods of testing equipment and systems.
• Support product complaint process through technical analysis.
• Participate in risk assessment activities.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory and safety procedures.
Interested applicants should have;
A third level degree in Engineering, ideally Electronic or Bio-Medical. You will have a significant amount of experience in medical devices or another similarly regulated industry.
• Experience in bio-medical engineering including device design, design for manufacture, regulatory requirements etc.
• Experience in doing root cause analysis work, product testing, debugging etc.
• Interested in researching and learning about body worn technologies to develop the necessary expertise in this area
• Enjoy problem solving and suggesting product and process improvements.
• Excellent team player.
• Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Results orientated and a self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative.
• Strong Computer Aided Design skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Office and reporting tool skills.