Ref No: AM17430
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Quality Engineer - West Dublin.
•Support the NPI team in the identification, data analysis and resolution of issues in New Product Introduction
• Implement corrective/preventive actions for problem resolution and continuous improvement
• Implement the required quality documents and procedures to support the ongoing manufacturing process.
• Represent the quality function as technical support in the NPI Team
• Manage the approval process for the first build with the customer.
• Ensure the compliance of the NPI Process to the Advanced Product Quality planning process.
• Actively promote quality awareness and support team building activities
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
• Develop and maintain QA plans and timeliness of global new product introductions.
• Evaluate and provide input to inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
• Support all global training programs specific to the customer by development and implementation of specialized training sessions for all applicable functions.
• Review all supplier, internal, and customer discrepancies. Co-ordinate and track the effectiveness of corrective/proactive action efforts on NPI products
• Provide insight and assistance of implementing and maintaining Process Improvement and Optimization concentrating on proactive methodologies.
• Assist in driving the standardization of manufacturing processes of global customer accounts.
• Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
• Act as product quality representative working with the customer and design and manufacturing teams on new products
• Ensuring the best product is produced to meet capacity, reliability and design intents
• Lead PFMEA activities on new products to eliminate or reduce risks to product quality
• Participate in all NPI reviews with customers, taking the lead on all quality related workflows
• Coordinate with other functions and report status at various phase gates
• Lead the deployment of Quality Engineering tools for the effective and efficient development, transfer, and maintenance of products throughout the product life cycle.
• Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable. Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
Interested applicants should have:
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize Six Lean tools (FMEAs, Gauge R&R, Capability Analysis, Value Stream mapping.)
• BS / BEng in mechanical engineering, quality engineering, manufacturing engineering or other technical related discipline.
• At least 2 to 5 years’ experience
• New Product Introduction (NPI) experience is desirable.
• Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is desirable, not essential.
• Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.