Ref No: AM17943
County Galway, Republic of Ireland
R&D Test Development Engineer - County Galway.
In this role you will join an experienced test development team and contribute to the development of industry leading test tools. Design and develop software and hardware for testing sensors and systems.
• Design and develop test software and test systems, aligning with the company's standard test software architecture and development processes.
• Review customer and internal test tool requirements.
• Create innovative test solutions for testing of sensors and systems.
• Validate test software and test systems.
• Document test system design.
• Participate in code reviews, both as reviewer and reviewee.
• Participate in technology / supplier / test tool selection for new projects. Keep abreast of the latest technologies and features.
• Contribute to continuous improvements in process and test methodologies.
• Train and support users in the successful use of the test environments.
Qualifications and Experience requirements for this role:
• A relevant Technical Engineering Degree or Masters e.g. Electronic Engineering, Computer Science
• The ideal candidate would be a certified LabVIEW architect (CLA) or certified LabVIEW developer (CLD).
• At least 5 years' test development experience in either LabVIEW, MATLAB, Python, or C++ .
• Experience with FPGA or LabVIEW FPGA development important
• Familiarity with digital hardware and communications protocols (e.g. I2C, PCIe, SPI, UART).
• Digital hardware debug experience.
• Understanding of software development processes required.
• Experience with vision system development and integration into HIL systems an advantage.
• Experience in data analytics or data mining an advantage.
• Experience using SVN, Doors, an advantage.