Ref No: AM16573
Co. Dublin, Ireland
RF/Hardware Applications Engineer - Dublin.
In this role you will:
• Assist the company's customers and prospective customers in applying wireless technology to their particular end-application needs, thereby securing design-wins for the company and ultimately driving revenue for the company.
• This is a broadly-scoped role covering hardware, software, integration and test on the one hand and customer interaction on the other.
• Presenting the company's technology to customers, assessing customers technical requirements and proposing appropriate system architecture options to meet those requirements
• Design & debug of application-specific hardware platforms using company technology as both generic reference designs and specifically for individual customers
• Assisting customers in the design of their hardware including assisting them in making the most appropriate tradeoffs to meet their system needs
• Reviewing customer schematics and PCB layouts
• Reproducing and solving technical issues seen on customer platforms in the laboratory
• Producing technical documentation to the highest standards to drive customer understanding of the company's technology and the optimum ways in which to use it in particular applications
Desired Skills and Experience for this role:
• A strong degree in a relevant engineering discipline
• At least 5 years' relevant industry experience
• Experience of hardware development including schematic capture, PCB layout and all steps through to hardware debug and product release. Operating knowledge of standard test equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyser, etc.) is necessary.
• RF experience is highly desirable since many of the application challenges with this technology involve RF-related issues including PCB layout & optimisation, antenna selection and filtering at frequencies up to 8GHz
• A good knowledge of hardware systems generally, including the layout of switched-mode power supplies, high-speed processor interfaces, electromagnetic interference etc.
• Capability with PCB rework equipment and small surface-mount components
• Experience with automated test equipment set-ups and scripting (Python, LabVIEW, etc.)
• A problem-solving approach and a strong desire to see the customer succeed
• C programming and embedded system knowledge a plus
Successful candidates will be expected to work alone or as part of a small highly focused team, be able to take initiative, enjoy a challenge, be capable of planning and delivering to tight schedules and be self-motivated. Candidates will be required to spend some time in company headquarters in Dublin for training but there will very quickly be opportunities for international travel in Europe, the US and Asia as the vast majority of the company's customers are based overseas.