Ref No: AM16652
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Senior Systems Engineer - Dublin.
In this role you will work as part of an active systems design team that interacts closely with Hardware, RF, Software and FPGA Firmware engineers in the design and implementation of new 4G and 5G base station products, including remote radio units. You will be a key contributor in algorithm and architecture development.
Specific responsibilities include:
• System requirements capture and maintenance
• Contribute to architecture definition and hardware-software partitioning of communication and DSP blocks
• Providing guidance to development teams including review of design implementation and Test Plans.
• Contribute to gate input preparation and customer documentation generation
• Develop/co-develop signal processing blocks in FPGA using Verilog / VHDL
• Test/Verification of Field Test System
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Interested candidates should have a minimum of a Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with at least 5 years' industry experience, or Ph.D. with strong background in wireless systems engineering.
• Good understanding of digital communications, RF and signal processing fundamentals
• Good understanding of 4G and 5G protocol stacks.
• At least 5 years' experience in developing cellular Radio Access Systems
• Experience with FPGA digital design implementation
• Ability to write effective test benches and collect and summarise results
• Strong knowledge of C/C++ for DSP based embedded systems development
• Familiarity with scripting languages (Python/TCL) and Matlab is highly desirable
• Ability to clearly document architecture, design and testing strategy