Ref No: AM17373
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Senior Test & Quality Engineer - Dublin city centre.
In this role you will work within the operations/production/quality department. This position primarily involves the support of company products for manufacture, customer support and new product introduction. This is done in accordance with defined test procedures and customer specific hardware and software requirements.
The new product introduction involves ensuring new product is ready for sub-contract manufacture and all the documentation, procedures and test is in place for this. It also involves providing training and support to the sub-contract manufacturer as required.
The role also involves working to ensure the highest product quality levels. Attention to detail, close adherence to quality standards, maintenance of quality records and documentation are essential aspects and a good knowledge of ISO9001 is required.
• Ensure delivery of quality product to the end customer in a timely manner.
• NPI – work closely with hardware and software groups on the successful and timely introduction of new products.
• Assist in component verification and validation.
• Manage product validation and certification.
• Development of production test equipment
• Responsible for customer failure analysis
• Determine root cause and drive and implement corrective and preventative actions.
• Identify and drive product and process quality and cost improvements.
• Process non-conforming product and document same.
• Give technical guidance to production technicians.
• Assist in the decision-making process related to new products, especially with regard to manufacturability and test.
• Provide support to contract manufacturers, helping to ensure delivery of highest quality product.
• Inspect, test, pack and process all products as per set guidelines.
• Maintain records for all products including test results and quality inspections.
• Receive, document, analyse and process RMA products in a timely manner.
Interested applicants should have several years’ experience in a production, quality, test and/or RMA environment, with a proven track record and ability to perform to the highest standards.
Diploma / Degree in electronic/computer engineering or equivalent
A results-driven individual with the ability to handle varied workload.
The ability to work independently - self-motivated.
A systematic and logical approach to work activity.
Excellent organisational skills.
Strong attention to detail and quality standards.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would be useful to have:
• Skill in the use of various test equipment tools, logic analyser; curve tracer, oscilloscopes, etc.
• Solid rework and soldering skills.
• Competency in Microsoft tools, Word, Excel, Project etc.