T&D Project Manager | (High Voltage) Dublin
Ref No: cc.hvpm.dub
Co. Dublin, Ireland
T&D Project Manager | (High Voltage)
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiation
The Project Manager plans, organises, leads, coordinates and controls all activities concerned with the construction of Electrical (MV & HV) Projects. The T&D (High Voltage) Project Manager participates in the conceptual development of an engineering construction project and leads its organization, scheduling and implementation. He/she is the key point of contact with the client and builds and creates strong, assertive and positive relationships. They ensure that the site meets and exceeds environmental, health and safety standards. They ensure a quality focus and quality outcomes so that the Kirby Group vision, mission & values are fulfilled.
Electrical Project Manager (High Voltage) Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as set out in the Kirby Way:
- Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team
- Liaise with OM in staffing of project
- Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cashflow and billable schedules, etc.
- As Project Manager you will be tasked with producing procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histogram
- Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues
- Develop project safety and quality plans
- Mobilise sub-contractors and labour in accordance with business plan
- Mobilise site establishment
Project Running Phase:
- Continuous review of on site management competencies and develop a training plan for staff and operatives who require development
- Continuous auditing and reporting of EHS procedures
- Continuous auditing and reporting of QAQC procedures
- Deliver site specific EHS & QAQC TBT when required
- Manage your site team in the effective day to day running of site activities
- Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries and engineering,
- Attend meetings with Clients
- Hold progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed
- Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S
- Advise client in good time of any potential project risks
- Ensure productivity at work face is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control
- Escalate any project issues to OM
- Ensure the implementation of the 30 min reporting rule
- Submit monthly internal reports to the OM
- Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan
- Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the EM
- Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date
- Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and District Surveyor
- Handover O&M manual and record drawings
- Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective
- Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with the OM
- Produce a project close-out report and submit to the OM
- Archive project
- Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected
- Maintain a site / day book
- Attend and participate in monthly project managers meetings
- Develop your skills in line with agreed training plan
- Put forward idea’s for continuous improvement of company
- Maintain contact with your client base
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the client from project start up to project completion
Necessary requirement of the T&D Project Manager (High Voltage)
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or strong trades background
- At least 8 years project management experience with a main or T&D Contractor
- Experience in Substations, High Voltage, Medium Voltage type projects is essential
- Professional Acumen - Represent Kirby’s at a senior level in meetings, presentations, technical workshops, etc. in a professional, competent and capable manner.
- Strong IT skills – Ability to deliver presentations, reports etc.
- Experience at managing a multiple disciplined Project Team.
- Must be willing to travel, between Glasgow and the greater London area.
- A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency.
- Able to work on own initiative and build and manage a team.
- A Positive solution focused mindset