Ref No: AM17375
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Test Engineer - West Dublin
In this role you will direct test activity to operate within your area of assigned responsibilities with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavours.
You will design, develop and maintain test procedures, tester hardware and software for electronic circuit board production.
Core duties and responsibilities:
• Review circuit board designs for testability requirements.
• Support manufacturing with failure analysis, tester debugging, reduction of intermittent failures and downtime of test equipment.
• Prepare recommendations for testing and documentation of procedures to be used from the product design phase through to initial production.
• Generate reports and analysis of test data, prepare documentation and recommendations.
• Review test equipment designs, data and RMA issues with customers regularly.
• Design and direct engineering and technical personnel in fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment.
• Direct and coordinate engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of instruments, equipment, and control devices required to test, record, and reduce test data.
• Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
• Direct and exercise control over operational, functional, and performance phases of tests.
• Perform moderately complex assignments of the engineering test function for standard and/or custom devices.
• Analyse and interpret test data and prepare technical reports for use by test engineering and management personnel.
• Act as the liaison and technical conduit for assigned customers.
• Explore new avenues and test technologies for quality improvements on product assigned.
• Perform detailed analysis on test quality of product assigned, identify trends and spearhead corrective actions.
• Monitor, through assigned test engineer, all NPI activities.
• Develop or use computer software and hardware to conduct tests on machinery and equipment.
• Perform semi-routine technique development and maintenance, subject to established standards, including ISO and QS development standards.
• Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
• Provide training in new procedures to production testing employees.
• Recruit and interview Process Technicians.
• Monitor team member turnover: identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements
• Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
• Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
• Coach and mentor Process Technicians to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
• Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results.
• Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organisational goals.
• Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
Interested applicants should have:
• Ideally a Degree (not essential) in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering. A minimum of 5 years' experience, preferably in the electronic manufacturing industry.
• Extensive knowledge of engineering and test procedures.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to project manage.
• Ability to troubleshoot and innovative thinking.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.