Ref No: AM18011
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Assembly and Test Technician - West Dublin.
In this role you will be assigned to perform various operations required to manufacture and test products in a clean environment. In addition, routine and non-routine maintenance and repair of test equipment and facility equipment will be assigned as required. Work will mainly be performed in a cleanroom environment, with established procedures, working methods and equipment to maintain cleanliness control during build.
Other duties may be assigned from time to time, such as PA or goods inwards inspection, to support the company production processes.
The role will report to the Engineering Manager.
• Assembly of precision, close-tolerance mechanical assemblies to engineering instructions
• Operation of associated assembly and measurement equipment for precision assembly: hydraulic press, microscope, hand-tools, power supplies
• Maintenance of clean status of assemblies by compliance to procedures, attention to detail, and contribution to continuous
improvement of methods and equipment
• Preparation and cleaning parts for assembly
• Inspection of parts prior to assembly using optical and digital microscopes and other methods as appropriate
• Functional testing of parts and assembly according to instructions
• Maintenance of cleanroom test equipment and pre-cleanroom equipment to ensure availability and correct function, including regular cleaning and organisation of work areas
• Maintenance and cleaning of cleanroom and pre-cleanroom area, including air-handling units, filters, and other associated.
• Completion of full and accurate records of work according
• Support to scheduling and planning of work to support manufacturing schedules, and reporting on progress.
• Cooperation with responsible engineers to execute test campaigns on products.
• Provide input in the generation of test procedures and work instructions.
• Procurement of equipment and consumables to support testing and maintenance activities.
• Assist with technical investigations in co-operation with engineering.
• Test equipment assembly
• The successful candidate will ideally come from a precision assembly or manufacturing background, with a focus on following procedures for assembly of delicate products.
• A technical qualification in a mechanical, electronic, mechatronic or similar field will be beneficial.
• Ability to plan own work to meet production schedules and commit to production deadlines is expected.