Ref No: AM17522
Kildare, Co. Kildare, Ireland
Automation Engineer - County Kildare.
We are currently recruiting for an Automation Engineer, a full-time and permanent role.
In this role you will initially be working on large utilities projects, and will ultimately transition to the projects team supporting clients throughout the country. You should have strong debugging skills with electrical and computer knowledge, and the ability to deal with customer queries.
• Assist in control and automation designs for projects related to the water and wastewater industry
• Preparation of project documentation including FDS and OMM's.
• Assist Sales Team in the generation of costings for projects
• Responsible for Systems, Software and Electrical Drawings
• Manage all aspects of the control systems within projects and ensure all aspects are completed on time and within budget
• Design and programming of PLC/HMI control systems
• Design and implementation of SCADA systems
• Design and implementation of Telemetry systems
• Testing of control panels and automation systems including FAT and SAT
• Work on own initiative on smaller projects and work as part of a team on larger projects
• Liaise with the clients and Project Managers
• Liaise with system vendors to source automated solutions
• Provide technical support to existing customers
Interested applicants should have:
• 3rd level qualification in Engineering - Electrical, Automation and Control, or similar.
• Circa 5 years’ post-qualification experience and strong interest in automation engineering
• PLC Programming experience (ideally Allen Bradley, Siemens, ABB)
• SCADA experience (ideally ICONICS, Intouch, Wonderware, WinCC)
• Previous experience in technical/hands-on role and working with electrical equipment
• Strong understanding of industrial control systems, willing to learn and capable of learning in live project environments
• Previous relevant experience in water/power systems an advantage, and instrumentation/measurement experience an advantage also.
• In addition to problem solving, project management ability is required
• Ability to demonstrate strong customer relationship management skills
• Full, clean driving licence
This position will attract a competitive salary along with benefits such as performance related bonus scheme, 3% pension contribution, Income Protection Insurance, Death in Service Benefit, Learning and Development opportunities, further education, company vehicle, bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements and many more.