Ref No: AM17401
County Waterford, Republic of Ireland
Automation Engineer - County Waterford.
In this role you will be responsible for the technical leadership of engineering projects and project management for new manufacturing systems, products and cost improvements – with an emphasis on vision systems, software and database design effectiveness and consistency.
• Lead the development and implementation of hardware and software automation solutions for capital projects.
• Implement integrated solutions for product line and/or capacity expansions.
• Identify improvement opportunities and provide business case analysis to quantify and justify automation projects.
• Develop URS documentation for hardware, machine controls and DCS/ PLC/ SCADA/ MES software systems.
• Work with internal resources and external system vendors to ensure successful applications development through to manufacturing validation.
• Liaise with SQA, QA and Operations to successfully validate software systems to industry benchmark standards.
• Develop and implement new technologies and systems to support R&D projects. Provide controls and machine vision support to other stakeholder groups as required.
• Provide training support, comprehensive systems documentation packages and preventative maintenance procedures for systems applications.
• Create and adhere to project schedules and budgets in line with overall program goals.
• Manage project schedules to ensure work is assigned and completed on time and within budget.
• Manage project scope to customer expectations. Manage and approve scope changes.
• Communicate project information to all stakeholders. Manage project communications and performance tracking metrics.
• Identify, manage, track and resolve project issues. Interface with internal and external customers and vendors.
• Ensure project teams follow the standard processes and procedures.
Interested applicants should have:
• Bachelor’s and/ or Master’s degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or Computer Science or other relevant technical equivalent.
• A knowledge of software development life-cycle approaches, GAMP, 21 CFR Part 11, SPC, DOE, statistical analysis, machine vision principles and Project Management Institute certification a plus.
• Specialised training in several the following areas would be advantageous: ISO-9000, GAMP, NFPA-79, various PLC platforms including AB, Iconics product suite, WonderWare, VB.Net Programming, C/C++, SQL, Oracle, Access, Minitab, Solidworks, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience of software development, integration, testing and validation; project management of automated high-volume low-cost manufacturing systems including vision systems, cameras, PLC’s, motion control, robotics, HMI’s and SCADA.
Ideally hands-on experience with medical device and/or pharmaceutical production (cGMP / FDA regulated environment). Experience desired with automated precision material handling, high-speed cartonning and machine vision systems.
• Automatic measurement and reporting of OEE and related production data is desirable.
• Use of skills and experience in design of new systems and the improvement of existing ones.
• Self-directed, excellent communication skills on technical subjects. Ability to form relationships with stakeholders from many sites and work within cross-functional teams.