Ref No: AM17429
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Automation Engineer - West Dublin.
In this role you will be involved in machine design from concept right through to commissioning, factory design integration projects and process testing at customer sites. You will also be involved in process trials and testing and optimisation in the Dublin office.
Core Role and Responsibilities:
• Part of a team responsible for the design, development, modification, specification, and evaluation of electrical and automation equipment for new or existing products.
• The completion of engineering documentation to release new designs or design modifications.
• The development of project specific electrical schematics.
• The development of project specific PLC, HMI and SCADA controls.
• Implementation of ongoing engineering change orders, ensuring engineering changes are processed and documented.
• Building of prototype units, prepare proof-of-concept rigs and engage in other hands-on activities.
• Visiting customer sites to evaluate product performance and assess site-specific issues.
• Support of Sales, Service and Production departments as required.
Interested applicants should have:
• Proficiency in PLC programming. An excellent knowledge of the following tools is essential:
• Rockwell’s RSStudio, FTME and FTSE
• Siemens’ Simatic Manager, WinCC and TIA Portal
• Mitsubishi’s GX Work
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of motor control especially that using Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
• Skilled in electrical cabinet design and specification together with proficiency in EPlan.
• CMSE or equivalent certification would be a bonus for the role
• At least 3 years' industry experience in a related role. Experience in the food industry, or similar, is beneficial but not essential
• A keen eye and appreciation for detail.
• The ability to work as part of a team but also remotely with limited supervision.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• A proven problem-solving ability.