Ref No: AM17703
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Automation Team Leader - West Dublin.
In this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a high performing Automation Technician team. You will be responsible for the training, development, and performance management of the Automation Technician team. You will work closely with the HR / Learning and Development team to ensure cross-training across multiple areas of the business.
• Manage a high performing team of Automation Technicians and optimise team structure to support production.
• Ensure compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training, and regulations. Ensure this is instilled in the team
• Ensure compliance to all local site company policies, procedures, and corporate policies.
• Identify training needs of the Automation Technician team.
• Develop training and development plans for the Automation Technician team to include on the job training, coaching, and mentoring and classroom training
• Work closely with the L&D department and internal / external resources to optimise training and development opportunities for the Automation Technician team on site.
• Ensure all automation assembly equipment is maintained to standard to meet all EH&S, quality, and production requirements.
• Work closely with the relevant Business Unit Manager / Value Stream Leads to ensure production KPI’s are met.
• Train new hires to company training material and provide on the job training to the relevant assets within designated business unit
• Creating and managing team schedules for all PM / Calibration activity on the assets to ensure KPI compliance
• Evaluating performance for individual members of the Automation team and providing feedback through the internal performance management platform.
• Annual appraisal reviews to be conducted for all team members, rating performance against clear goals and objectives set out by team leader each year.
Interested applicants should have at least a National Diploma in a suitable engineering subject (preferably a Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or similar).
• Qualification in team management desirable.
• Ideally experience in management and development of a strong technical team
• Experience in high-volume, automation, and assembly environments desirable.
• Previous experience in people management and team development.
• Previous experience working on technically challenging applications would be an advantage
• Strong knowledge in the set up, structure and use of CMMS for maintenance reporting and history.
• Knowledge of reliability and predictive maintenance and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) would be an advantage
• Experience working in customer facing roles and in dealing with customer and regulatory body audits would be an advantage.
• Proven ability to build strong business relationships with all stakeholders
• Must be able to organise and prioritise tasks within designated team.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work independently on own projects while working concurrently with all departments and levels of employees.