Ref No: AM17329
Westmeath, Co. Westmeath, Ireland
Chemical Engineer - County Westmeath.
In this role you will be responsible for understanding how product relates to the process to test products at a laboratory and pilot scale. You will play a crucial role in shaping both current and future research projects within the company’s global R&D function.
You will liaise with other Project Leaders and internal/external stakeholders (e.g. external academia, industrial suppliers etc) to influence future research activities which solve technical problems.
• Direct and deliver technical projects for new product development involving continuous improvement and innovative strategy.
• The development of consumer acceptable products / technologies that are required to meet an increasingly regulated environment. You will be part of a team responsible for developing these technologies to a point where they can be handed over to the project team for introduction into the product portfolio.
• Collect data required to make improvements and/or modifications within the plant.
• Overseeing the construction of new plant
• Investigating and troubleshooting plant/process problems
• Ensuring that equipment works to its specification and to appropriate capacities
• Assessing safety and environmental issues
• Liaising with installation/project engineers and specialists
• Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with health and safety legislation.
Interested applicants should have:
• BSc, MSc, PhD or equivalent academic background in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, or a related subject.
• Industrial experience in product development. Automotive background an advantage.
• Project management skills
• Ideally an understanding or direct experience of working in a regulated environment
• Experienced in writing scientific reports and publications.