Ref No: AM17512
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
CNC MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN - Dublin 15.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Machining and Machine Tool Set-up
• Produce components to the highest cost-effective quality standards.
• Ability to meet exacting demands of aerospace tolerance requirements.
• Compliance with AS9100 requirements.
• Competent working knowledge of Machine Tools.
• Competent working knowledge of Fanuc/G-Code programming.
• Competent in Part Programme Datum Management including Renishaw Probe System.
• Competent Tooling/Tool Carousel Management including Renishaw OTS System.
• Competent in Tool Offset Management.
• Appropriate application of Work Holding Systems including vices, soft jaws, jigs and fixtures.
• Provide feedback for machining strategy development.
• Provide feedback for work holding modification/development.
• Appropriate tooling selection relevant to manufacturing requirements.
• Tool condition/life cycle management.
• Appropriate application of inspection equipment.
• Where appropriate, incorporate the use of auxiliary inspection equipment (Height Gauge, CMM, Surface Tester, Shadow Graph, Vertex).
• Competent in part drawing interpretation including geometric tolerances and limits and fits.
• Part Finishing
• Adhere to part drawing requirements and customer expectations.
• Comprehensive elimination of F.O.D.
• Application of surface finish/condition as per work instructions and customer expectations.
• Competent navigation of CADCAM software as and when required.
• Adherence to standard practices regarding Part File Management System, File nomenclature, Machining strategies and Part/Tool specific instructions.
• Responsible for use of Software Tool Libraries.
• Take part in continual improvement process.
• Be vigilant of opportunities for continual improvement throughout the working environment.
• Provide feedback, when necessary, on continual improvement activities.
• Take part in additional training courses as and when required.
• Contribute to manufacturing staff training development program.
• Develop and learn new skills and/or different machine tools/equipment as and when required.
• Crosstrain other manufacturing staff in skills and procedures as and when required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE:
Experience in CNC machining using Mills/Turning centres is essential (Mori Seiki/Haas would be an advantage). Experience working to tight tolerances (the successful candidate will be making complex components with tolerances of +/- 10µm).
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, rough sketches and written instructions. This position is required to work to tight deadlines and schedules. The candidate must be able to work using their own initiative as well as contributing within a team environment. Accuracy and problem-solving skills are essential.