Ref No: AM17558
Co. Dublin, Ireland
CNC Metal Cutting Applications Engineer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• The primary role as a CNC Metal Cutting Applications Engineer is to support customers in the field with their machine tool Application Engineering requirements including:
• Machine Tool set up, operation and demonstration to customers for the purposes of promotion and sales of CNC Metal Cutting machine tool product ranges.
• Working with Sales staff to correctly specify machine tool equipment and tooling for customer applications, so that the company may propose and quote optimum solutions for customers.
• Visiting and meeting with customers with Sales staff to promote the company and product ranges, specifically by demonstrating product knowledge and by advising on suitable machine tools and machining approaches for their application.
• Preparing a technical evaluation of an enquiry by putting forward the most appropriate machine and ancilliary equipment to meet the needs of the prospective customer.
• To support the salesperson during customer price discussions to ensure that from a technical standpoint the correct equipment is included. After receipt of customer order, where appropriate, taking on responsibility for turnkey part programming and machine set up, programming and part prove out for the project.
• Training of customer personnel in the use of the CNC Machine Tool Equipment support at the customer – both machine operation and programming.
• Post-installation customer support – on-site and by phone.
• 2D and 3D Cadcam software support. Demonstrating this software as part of the sales process. Using this software for the purposes of part-time studies and feasibility studies. Supporting customers with the use of this software for programming.
• Cadcam software support for cadcam systems from other machine tool manufacturers as appropriate. To prepare or arrange any performance acceptance requirements that might be part of the contract.
• To engage with the customer when the machine has been installed in ensuring that the customer has been satisfied and that contractual obligations and expectations have been met.
• To provide periodic contact with the customer to ensure satisfaction with the installation.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Extensive travel to customer sites throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland is involved. Some travel abroad is also required for training purposes and occasionally but not often for customer support work.
• Where appropriate, taking responsibility for management of escalated technical problems which require liaising between customers, the Service Division and the principals. Promoting the company and its products by gaining customers’ confidence through the competent and successful implementation of projects, and by the intelligent and constructive promotion of solutions to meet customer requirements.
• Being commercially minded by keeping records of your timekeeping and of your work carried out, through the preparation of time reports for internal and external chargeout purposes.
This is a challenging, interesting and varied role, which will provide for extensive development and for opportunities to work with different state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and with customers across a range of industries throughout Ireland.
• During the first year, you will work alongside experienced Application and Service engineers during machine set-up and programming at customer sites as part of a comprehensive a training program, which will include 4-6 weeks training in Germany. Training with other suppliers will be provided as required.
• You will be provided with excellent training and a good career in this high technology sector.
• You should be highly motivated and enjoy continuous learning, working independently and at times under pressure on a wide variety of machinery. As you represent the company with customers, you must be highly professional in all aspects of your work.
• We are seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking, capable person, who has finished a CNC metal fabrication type apprenticeship, a mechanical engineering qualification or similar, and who is very mechanically minded and who wants to work with machine tools. The successful candidate will need to be prepared to travel extensively around the country and to work independently.
Interested applicants should have:
• Engineering qualification or metal fabrication apprenticeship or equivalent or similar training/experience/qualifications.
• CNC Metal Fabrication Operation experience
• CadCam programming experience to including Solidworks or equivalent solid modelling software. Use of Trumpf TruTops CadCam software is advantageous, however training will be provided.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Full clean driver's licence
• Available to travel abroad for training and infrequent applications engineer work.
• Project management experience, such as managing the installation and startup of capital machine tool equipment is an advantage, not essential
• Strong PC skills
• Preparedness to travel throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland to customers as part of pre-sales and post-sale project management and project implementation work.
Candidates should ideally be located within proximity to Dublin, although consideration will also also be given to candidates based elsewhere, or located in Northern Ireland.