Ref No: AM17343
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Commissioning and Technical Service Engineer - water treatment systems.
This is a field-based role, covering the 32 counties, and with some travel to Europe and UK. As such there is complete flexibility as to where the successful candidate might be located.
In this role you will be an engineering specialist whose job is to ensure installed water treatment systems operate in a correct and safe manner and will meet the client’s requirements. The main responsibilities will be:
• Ensure the equipment is working to the design specification.
• Ensure equipment is operating in a safe manner
• Creating and carrying out test and validation procedures.
• Problem solving and showing excellent diagnostic abilities.
• Working to tight deadlines and within set budgets.
• Liaising with installation and project engineers.
• Preparation and completion of IQ/OQ and PQ, validation and commissioning documentation.
• Client and end user training.
• Provide technical support.
• Make improvements and offer advice on operational procedures
Interested applicants should have a background in mechanical and electrical engineering design and commissioning. This experience includes a strong familiarity with previous commissioning projects.
A relevant degree in an engineering discipline such as electrical, mechanical or instrumentation is required. Previous water treatment experience is a requirement. Ideally knowledge/experience with membrane filtration technology and processing.
A great deal of responsibility is placed upon the commissioning engineer in the development and execution of the project. The commissioning engineer will report to the Contracts Manager making sure that all the commissioning activities are in line with the terms agreed upon in the contract and that they meet the design requirements.
The role in detail:
In this role, you will plan and work on all aspects of the commissioning of water treatment plants.
• Work in the areas of water systems and treatment plant evaluation, master planning and project delivery.
• Co-ordinating and adjusting the work effort within the project team to ensure commissioning is completed on schedule and within allocated budget
• Maintain regular and constructive communication with clientele and project team members.
• Compiling post-project completion documentation
• Establish and maintain client relations
• Support business development activities