Ref No: AM18066
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Commissioning and Technical Service Engineer - water treatment systems.
As Commissioning and Technical Service Engineer you will be an engineering specialist whose job is to ensure installed water treatment systems operate in a correct and safe manner and meet the client’s requirements. The main responsibilities will be:
• Ensure the equipment is operating to design specifications.
• Ensure equipment is operating in a safe manner
• Creating and carrying out test and validation procedures.
• Problem solving and excellent diagnostic abilities.
• Working to tight deadlines and within set budgets.
• Liaise with installation and project engineers.
• Preparation and completion of IQ/OQ and PQ, validation and commissioning documentation.
• Client and end user training.
• Provide technical support.
• Make improvements and offer advice on operational procedures
In this role, you will plan and work on all aspects of the commissioning of Water Treatment Plants. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Work in the areas of water systems and treatment plant evaluation, master planning and project delivery.
• Coordinating and adjusting the work effort within the project team to ensure commissioning is completed on schedule and within allocated budget
• Maintain regular and constructive communication with client and project team members.
• Compiling post-project completion documentation
• Establish and maintain client relations
• Support business development activities
• The role will involve travel within Ireland, UK and Europe.
Skills and qualifications sought for this role:
The commissioning engineer will be one of the more experienced members of the team, having a background in mechanical and electrical/automation engineering design and commissioning. This experience includes an intimate acquaintance with previous commissioning projects. A relevant degree in an engineering discipline such as electrical, mechanical or instrumentation is required. Previous water treatment experience is required.
A great deal of responsibility is placed upon the commissioning engineer in the development and execution of the project.
The commissioning engineer will report to the Contracts Manager, making sure that all the commissioning activities are in line with the terms agreed upon in the contract and that they meet the design requirements.