Ref No: AM17477
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Commissioning Engineer (water treatment systems)
In this role you will commission and oversee the installation of systems, plant and/or equipment at a client’s site. You will be engaged in the testing of facilities, equipment and plant to make sure they function correctly and produce the expected results. In doing so you will bring the water purification system to a point at which it can be used most effectively. As such you will to possess a thorough understanding of manufacturing and product use, as well as of customer expectation.
In this role you will be engaged in the installation and commissioning of water treatment systems for all types of engineering projects from Data Centres, Healthcare, Industry, Municipal and Pharmaceutical, from small benchtop laboratory systems to large pure water systems.
In this role you will:
• Prepare test sheets and other documents required for start-up (operational instructions, test reports, etc.)
• Perform final checks of the correct execution of civil engineering works and assembly of equipment
• Perform the electromechanical and automatic control system tests
• Monitor flooding and start-up of plants
• Verify functional and process settings
• Identify problems and shortcomings with existing systems.
• Co-ordinate testing and commissioning activities and providing advice on testing and commissioning procedures and documentation.
• Produce or assist in the production of all test and commissioning documentation.
• Undertake testing and commissioning activities in line with the specified site requirements.
• Monitor progress, recording all test results, witnessing final testing and acceptance of equipment and compilation of all documentation for inclusion in the site test dossier to meet specifications / water quality regulations.
• Ensuring the safe testing and commissioning of completed installations to achieve the necessary plant performance in accordance with project programme requirements.
• Provide training for the operator
• Compile definitive instructions for operations and start-up
• Issue intermediate and end of mission reports
• Actively participate in meetings with the customer, partners, suppliers and subcontractors
Travel: during the working day, travel is a regular feature of the job. Travel abroad sporadically to UK & Europe.
Location: throughout the country (32 counties).
There is complete flexibility as to where the successful candidate might be located.