Ref No: AM17253
Meath, Co. Meath, Ireland
Control & Automation Engineer - County Meath.
In this role you will have responsibility for the design and installation of robust and world-class automation systems, supporting the continued and sustained development and improvement of operating systems and production equipment.
As Control and Automation Engineer, you will have responsibility for the identification of automated process improvements across the production process, seeking solutions and designing, assisting with the installation, and commissioning automated systems in accordance with the specifications.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Liaise with interested parties such as maintenance, production, technical etc. to define the requirements of a project.
• Specify, design, install and commission new equipment as required.
• Write and modify PLC programs accordingly
• Maintain existing and introduce new equipment onto the SCADA system
• Provide and maintain detailed electrical drawings
• For modifications to existing procedures and equipment, liaise with the relevant department to agree what the problems are and work towards solving them
• Ensure all work is compliant with the relevant health and safety guidelines on time and within budget
• There may be some travel required from time to time but this will be limited.
Typical tasks will include the management of specifications, design, purchasing of equipment, interpreting electrical schematics, overseeing the installation of projects within budget, allocated time, and corporate guidelines, commissioning, and handover.
Interested applicants should have:
At least 3 years demonstrated experience working with PLC’s (Mitsubishi and/or Siemens), HMI’s, and SCADA or Production Management Systems, in a manufacturing environment.
The successful candidate must have an Electrical Engineering Degree Hons (Level 8) in Control and Automation, or equivalent with relevant experience.
They must be competent working with technical and electrical drawings and specifications, and have previously demonstrated the ability to build strong working relationships both within their team and working across multi-disciplinary teams.
Previous maintenance experience and strong project management certification and skills are a distinct advantage for this position. Also proven problem solving skills using a recognised framework such as Six Sigma is desirable. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and be self-driven and highly motivated.
You should be proficient in:
• Mitsubishi and/or Siemens PLC programming and HMI systems
• SCADA Operation and Maintenance