Ref No: AM17257
Waterford, Co. Waterford, Ireland
Controls Engineer - County Waterford.
In this role you will:
• Manage production and the introduction of new technology through team leadership
• Provide technical and vision core competency support to Global Operations and Engineering on an as-needed basis, including possible off-hours, remote and on-site coverage rotation.
• Provide technical support and technical reference expertise to manufacturing and outside vendors in developing technical solutions for vision inspection technologies.
• Project Management/ support of capital projects within the plant to drive increased volume and decreased cost across multiple manufacturing processes
• Provide technical specification documents to external vendors for the purpose of trending and design/ build of new manufacturing equipment
• Support product, platform and cost improvement programs by delivering qualified vision systems. Interface with Engineering, SQA, QA and Operations to successfully validate software systems. Author and execute associated validation documents.
• Provide technical and operations training on systems delivered.
• Travel to vendor and other locations for on-site project support (domestic & international travel).
• Vendor management
• Deliver projects on time and within budget
Interested applicants should have experience:
• Electronics/ Electrical Engineering background and qualifications
• Computer/Software development systems experience
• PLC's- Allen Bradley, Siemens
• High Level language Programming e.g. C#, VB.net
• Practical knowledge of machine vision systems including Cognex VPro and InSight desired
• Methodical and analytical approach to problem solving.
• At least 3 to 5 years' relevant experience