Ref No: AM17226
Offaly, Co. Offaly, Ireland
Electrical Technician - County Offaly.
This is a Monday to Friday position, with hours of work being 8am to 5pm.
We are currently recruiting for a Electrical Technician with a mechanical aptitude to provide technical support to production facility personnel, and perform various maintenance tasks such as machine maintenance and repair, fault-finding and troubleshooting, continuous production process improvement, and implementing various preventative maintenance programs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all factory equipment is maintained in accordance with the required maintenance standards. The successful candidate will be proficient in all aspects of industrial maintenance which includes mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, automation and controls, and ideally will be experienced in TIG welding and stainless steel equipment repairs.
This role will provide great development opportunities for an adaptable and flexible person.
Interested applicants should have expertise in:
• Equipment fault-finding and troubleshooting
• Ability to analyse and establish the main causes of equipment failures and provide solutions to resolve them
• Ensure all maintenance checklists are updated on a regular basis
• Gearbox installation and repair
• Vacuum pump service and repair
• Carrying out PM tasks according to the Maintenance department planned schedule
• Mentoring production personnel, providing technical advice and support to achieve maximum machine performance
• Promoting safe work practices
• Spare parts identification and regular stocktaking
• Liaising with production staff to improve line yields and overall quality of products
You should have:
• Diploma/trade qualification
• Good communication and influencing skills are essential.
• Ability to work under own initiative.
• Availability to work on an “on call” basis of required
• At least 5 years' experience in industrial maintenance. Food industry experience would be an advantage (not essential)