Ref No: AM17265y
Clare, Co. Clare, Ireland
Engineering Director - County Clare.
This is a key role in the company and will suit someone coming from a fast-paced environment. Working in a team of Engineering professionals you will lead a team to support the Production and Quality departments.
This role will suit a candidate with significant CNC, sheetmetal and similar engineering experience.
People Management -
• Actively supporting the development needs of the team to ensure task flexibility, carrying out annual reviews, and managing the team’s performance
• Attending morning meetings
• Lead weekly team meetings
• Monitoring timekeeping and attendance issues within the team.
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are being followed
• Conduct scheduled meetings with Team Supervisor to review performance, issues and targets
• Prepare, maintain and communicate production performance reports to management on a weekly basis
• Providing Manufacturing Engineering support to both customers and suppliers.
• Identifying and implementing improvements to equipment, processes, and methods.
• Prepare, maintain, and communicate Engineering performance reports to management on a weekly basis.
• Providing project management support where required.
• Identifying and driving improvement initiatives to reduce costs and improve on-time delivery
• Support Operations capacity improvement projects and focussed improvement teams
• Development and implementation of cost reduction programmes on an annual basis.
• Responsible for applying, maintaining, and improving lean manufacturing procedures.
• Playing a lead role in developing processes and implementation of a new ERP solution.
• Ensure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
New Product Introduction-
Manage the introduction of new products/technology ensuring a stable and capable process.