Ref No: AM17366
Westmeath, Co. Westmeath, Ireland
Engineering Manager - County Westmeath.
In this role you will be a member of the leadership team, and you will be responsible for the following teams: Facilities, Maintenance, Automation, Process, and Tooling.
Principal accountabilities will include:
• Prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Develop engineering strategies and solutions to drive growth, innovation and competitiveness whilst achieving output, quality and cost targets.
• Define and deliver agreed KPI’s & SLA’s aligned to the company’s strategic objectives and requirements. Monitor and report on performance against targets.
• Give clear direction to the teams on project requirements, deliverables and plans, setting clear goals and objectives, ensuring all engineering and project targets are being met.
• Implement and embed project management processes and structures to drive a culture of excellence through role modelling and action.
• Manage the relationships with customers, suppliers & subcontractors enabling collaboration and partnership.
• Plan resources effectively to ensure material, equipment and human resources are in place and utilized effectively over the duration of a project, whilst at all times staying on schedule and within budget.
• Assess and manage financial and operational risks for all operational elements and projects, proactively driving resolution of issues and risk reduction.
• Promote and engage new ways of working, driving continuous improvement and performance of the business.
• Provide leadership and direction to the team assisting in problem solving, assessing resource requirements, streamlining processes, whilst driving accountability and results.
• Motivating the team to achieve organisational goals.
• Build and maintain a strong and collaborative team of individuals working toward the same goal
• Empower team members with skills to improve their confidence, technical skills, product knowledge, and communication skills.
• Responsible for the identification and development of talent, including performance management, coaching and mentoring for high performance.
Interested applicants should have:
A minimum of a degree in a relevant engineering discipline
A leader with at least 8 years' experience, who has led a multi-disciplined engineering team in a high volume, highly technical manufacturing environment e.g. high-speed automation, robotics etc.
• Must have a proven track record of leading and implementing major business programs e.g technology advancement
• A leader who cultivates a culture of excellence, innovation and ‘can-do’ and who compliments team deficiencies as needs arise.
• Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with all stakeholders
• Recognised by customers and colleagues as a leader who delivers on commitments and solves complex business challenges.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to organise and prioritise tasks, must be detail orientated and self-motivated.