Ref No: AM17683
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Engineering Technician - South Dublin.
This is a Monday to Friday days role.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining fully automated, high-volume, high-speed assembly machines at optimal performance. This will be done by conducting planned and reactive maintenance, troubleshooting, and continuous improvement activities.
• Identify and drive OEE and waste improvements.
• Be the subject matter expert of the assigned machine group.
• To liaise with vendors, suppliers and local engineering shops.
• To become involved in analyzing customer complaints and internal quality issues and assist in drawing up improvements and preventative actions to eliminate these defects being produced.
• To assist with the training of other Engineering Technicians, new recruits and apprentices as required.
• To fully participate in company-wide continuous improvement initiatives, working in teams as required and utilizing appropriate quality tools as applicable.
• To maintain appropriate recording and reporting systems on all engineering related matters (e.g. breakdowns, maintenance etc.)
• To maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping to ensure area, machines and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean condition. Correct and/or report unsafe conditions and other faults.
EDUCATIONAL and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Good knowledge of the mechanical and electronic systems associated with high-volume manufacturing equipment, and hold a third-level qualification in one of those disciplines, or the National Craft Certificate together with additional specialised training and experience.
• Relevant industrial experience working in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
• The ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximise productivity and yields.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.