Ref No: AM17581
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Facilities Manager - West Dublin.
This role will carry responsibility for the management of all facilities maintenance activities for the Dublin site. Leading a talented and committed group of people, the Facilities Manager will play a key role in the specification and procurement of plant/ancillary equipment. The role will also contribute significantly to ongoing and future site and building development projects.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Management of all facilities and utilities including water supply, power supply, chillers, compressors, and air handling units.
• Management and scheduling of work for the facilities maintenance team.
• Professional development of the facilities maintenance team – i.e recruitment of new staff, identifying training needs and participating in the scheduling of critical training requirements.
• Management of all planned facilities preventative maintenance programmes and calibration.
• Coordination/preparation of installation and service schedules for all equipment.
• Reduction of downtime of all facilities equipment due to unplanned maintenance.
• Specification and negotiation/procurement of critical plant and ancillary equipment.
• Budget preparation, procurement and control of spares inventory required for the plant.
• Management of all third-party maintenance/facilities contracts and service/equipment suppliers.
• Lead and participate in key cost and energy saving projects/initiatives plantwide.
• Work closely with the Quality & EHS Manager to identify and address all health, safety and environmental issues within the plant.
• Management of facility maintenance systems to in-house quality compliance standards i.e. Quality Systems ISO9001 / ISO 13485 and Environmental Management Systems ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001.
• Lead and manage a high performing team to deliver the defined business goals & objectives.
• Identification and development of talent to include performance management and succession planning.
• Coaching / development of the employees using development and retention plans as appropriate.
Requirements for this role:
• Strong ‘hands on’ technical expertise in cleanroom maintenance with experience of AHU, chilled water and compressed air plant and equipment.
• Experience in high volume manufacturing environment in facilities engineering role is essential.
• Proven experience in managing and developing a team of skilled professionals is essential.
• Strong project management, influencing, negotiation and communication skills are also required.