Ref No: AM17431
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Industrial Engineer - West Dublin.
In this role you will create, develop, and implement efficient manufacturing systems, reducing costs while maintaining standards of operations.
You will adopt as your goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
• Project leader – lead and implement projects that will eliminate waste, through the standard Industrial Engineering process
• This will include but is not limited to: Complex Process Simulation, Operations Research and Business Model Cost Analysis
• Monitors operations with an eye toward improving productivity and efficiency by verifying Time standards prepared within IE Team and report on key IE metrics for assigned customer or area
• Drive key process mapping activities within the assigned customer or area and outline costs associated for proposed projects
• Drive the standardization and improve efficiencies of SAP, Manufacturing Execution System configurations and company processes in accordance with global, regional and site direction using production processes and workflows.
• Drive process related activities for New Product Introduction.
• Coach, mentor, and train engineers within the Industrial Engineering team
• Support and/or maintain all lower-level Industrial Engineering essential duties and responsibilities
• Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process
• Reduces waste and addresses production issues.
• Reviews production schedules, processes, and specifications.
• Collaborates with senior engineers to design cost-effective manufacturing layouts and building ergonomics for new product lines.
• Designs, redesigns, or enhances work areas and layouts so that awkward or uncomfortable positions, repetitive motions, and inefficient operations are reduced or eliminated.
• Maintains knowledge of best practices in manufacturing methods, and trends and developments in technology and equipment; applies this knowledge to maintain the organization's competitive edge.
• Identifies and assesses various problems and departures from established manufacturing standards and best practices; researches and recommends solutions.
• Develops and maintains management information, planning, and control systems.
• Helps to develop instruction manuals for production personnel.
• Ensures that work processes are safe and addresses safety issues and concerns.
• Generates process documentation and reports.
• Works with technical writers to prepare client and customer proposals.
Interested applicants should have:
• Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (i.e. Work measurement, simulation, process mapping, facilities and workstation design, operations research, etc.)
• Strong financial and analytical ability
• Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
• Strong communication skills.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills
• Degree in Industrial Engineering / Manufacturing Technology / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical/ Electronics / Mechatronics or similar.
• At least 2-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Master’s degree in engineering an advantage.
• Ideally experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment.