Ref No: AM17399
County Waterford, Republic of Ireland
Injection Moulding Technician - County Waterford.
Opportunities available on either:
1. Back End Nights Shift - working every Wednesday, Thursday & Friday night from 8pm to 8am and every second Saturday night (Shift Premium 32%)
2. Back End Days Shift - working every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 8am to 8pm and every second Sunday (Shift Premium 24%)
In this role you will provide technical support and leadership on production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing moulding processes.
• Oversight for injection moulding process start up, process monitoring during running and shutdown in a safe manner to achieve production targets for quality product (customer volume, yield, scrap and material cost).
• Take ownership for process escalations for injection moulding to ensure action is taken to troubleshoot & resolve issues in a timely manner using systematic approach to ‘root cause’ problem solving.
• Ensure tool set-up & changeover activities are optimised to meet production targets.
• Support process engineer in the development of new processes set up, proof of concept & validation runs for existing and new production & prototype tools.
• Ensure completion and accuracy of required documentation in the manufacturing area from all operation team supporting injection moulding.
• Support continuous improvement projects using ‘Decoupled’ process & lean tools to optimise injection moulding performance and improve reliability.
• Ensure personnel are distributed as per planning from Team Leader / Shift Manager.
• Ownership for updating the visual area board, shift handover meeting and operational workbook- assuming responsibilities of Team Leader / Shift Manager when necessary.
• Work with quality personnel to rectify any issues promptly.
• Comply with the EHS & cGMP policies and procedures, leading safety audits, 5S & cGMP activities online.
• Where appropriate support the development of documentation, training and work instruction activities within injection moulding. Support cross-training of personnel across injection moulding programmes site-wide. Ensure skills & knowledge gained through process training are applied consistently.
• Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
• Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
Interested applicants should have:
• 3rd level NCEA Level 6 (mechanical / plastics engineering) or equivalent preferable.
• At least 5 years' experience, ideally in injection moulding, preferably (not essentially) in healthcare manufacturing with high-volume automation desirable.
• Experience of mould set-up and working with a wide variety of plastics and mould types.
• Additional specialist industry standard ‘process technician training’ desirable (not essential).