Ref No: AM17291
Laser/CNC Field Service Engineer – Northern Ireland based.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the role is to assist in the co-ordination and administration of the day-to-day activities of a busy Service Division.
• Installing, servicing, maintaining, and repairing all equipment sold or serviced by the company. Your main area of service activity will be in Laser/CNC service type work; however, you will be called to carry out work on other machines as dictated by customer requirements and as appropriate to your experience/training.
Extensive travel to customer sites throughout Northern Ireland and to a lesser extent the Republic of Ireland will be involved. Where possible and depending on customer requirements, work will be scheduled to reduce travel requirements and keep you within your primary service area.
• To acquire a complete working knowledge of all equipment sold by the company.
• To co-ordinate and co-operate with other staff members to ensure the smooth and professional operation of the Service Division.
• To assist the Service Manager in all other duties requested by the company.
• To liaise with agents and principals of the company.
• To assist in training and safety procedures with customers.
• To offer technical advice and assistance to customers.
• To ensure that administrative work is completed and submitted on a weekly basis, i.e. job reports, part returns notes, overtime sheets and expenses.
Interested applicants should be highly motivated and enjoy working independently and at times under pressure on a wide variety of machinery. As you represent the company with customers, you must be highly professional in all aspects of your work. You must enjoy problem solving and taking a structured approach to your work.
You should have:
• Prior experience in Field Service and/or Machine Tool service, ideally with experience in working with Trumpf laser or other Trumpf fabrication equipment.
• An electrical/electronics qualification
• Fitting and strong mechanical aptitude/experience
• Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, CNC controls.
• Ideally previous experience working with / servicing industrial lasers.
• Ability to work under pressure during customer machine breakdown situations
• Ability to manage and undertake machine tool installations
• Full clean driver's licence
• Strong communication skills: be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with customers via telephone or person or in writing. Must have a professional demeanor in all communications.
• Available to travel
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.