Ref No: AM17435
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Lean Six Sigma Engineer - Dublin.
• Leads the site Lean strategy, creating lean project teams and mentoring Lean teams driving improved performance.
• Develops plans, strategies and training programmes to develop the lean culture across the site.
• Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing assembly processes.
• Monitors the assembly process, troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Provides technical expertise on various projects/production jobs and processes as required.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
• Propose and implement process improvements that impact positively on specific areas
• Co-ordinate the development of VSM's, Kaizen workshops in their respective area of responsibility, as requested
• Conduct ergonomic studies and analyse proposed ideas for improvement in conjunction with Industrial Engineers and processes implemented to positively impact ergonomics of workstations
• Keep improving assigned areas through monitoring and action format Lean Index
• Identify opportunities for reducing costs and improving productivity while coordinating the implementation of these improvements
• Responsible for assigning workload and activities. Make improvement projects based on the reduction in the variation of processes (Six Sigma)
• Responsible for devising, implementing and monitoring error-proof devices in areas where opportunity is identified.
• Recommend and document methods to improve efficiency, reducing waste in materials and equipment.
• Apply, educate, promote, and spread culture in the use of lean manufacturing tools
• Active participation in LPA, QRQC & JOS
• Develop and apply quality techniques for troubleshooting to optimise process quality using lean manufacturing methodologies and Six Sigma.
• Develop and document simulations to analyse the impact of improvements previously taken, if applicable
Interested applicants should have and be:
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills
• Degree in Manufacturing / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering or other technical discipline.
• At least 2-4 years’ experience working in manufacturing/engineering
• Six Sigma or Lean certification or at least 2 years of pertinent experience.
• Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is desirable.
• 6 Sigma Black Belt certification by an accredited body