Machine Tool Service Engineer
Ref No: AM17339
Machine Tool Service Engineer
There is flexibility as to where the successful candidate should be based.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Reporting to the Service Manager, the role is to support the company’s customers through field machine tool installation and servicing work.
Installing, servicing, maintaining and repairing all machine tool equipment sold or serviced by the company.
- To acquire a complete working knowledge of all equipment sold by the company.
- To co-ordinate and co-operate with other staff members to ensure the smooth and professional operation of the Service Division.
- To assist in training and safety procedures with customers.
- To offer technical advice and assistance to customers.
- To ensure that administrative work is completed and submitted on a weekly basis, i.e. job reports, part returns notes, overtime sheets and expenses.
- To assist the Service Manager in all other duties requested by the company.
- To liaise with agents and principals of the company as required in providing technical support to customers.
- Attend factory training at the company’s principals abroad, as part of your training and continual development.
- To observe the company’s safety procedures and keep safety as a priority in all work activities, including driving company vehicles during the course of your work.
- To observe customer safety instructions while at customer premises.
- To observe customers’ non-disclosure requirements where they exist.
Interested applicants should be highly motivated and enjoy continuous learning, working independently and at times under pressure on a wide variety of machinery. As you represent the company with customers, you must be highly professional in all aspects of your work. You must enjoy problem solving and taking a structured approach to your work. As part of your work, you will receive regular and on-going training both in Ireland and abroad in a wide variety of machine tools and technologies.
- Prior experience in Field Service and/or Machine Tool service.
- Ideally an electrical/electronics qualification
- Ideally fitting and strong mechanical aptitude/experience
- Ideally a working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, CNC controls.
- Ability to work under pressure during customer machine breakdown situations
- Ability to manage and undertake machine tool installations
- Full clean driver's licence
- Ability to work with customers, other service engineers and with suppliers to resolve customer breakdowns.
- Strong communication skills: be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with customers via telephone or person or in writing. Must have a professional demeanour in all communications.
- Available to travel abroad for training and infrequent servicing work.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
This position will attract a competitive salary to include overtime, pension, healthcare, sick-leave policy. Company vehicle, laptop and mobile will be provided together with full set of service tools as required.
Your ICDS Consultant