Ref No: cc.elec.daa
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€51,000 - €63,000 per annum
Maintenance Electricians - DAA
Dublin Airport (parking provided)
€51k to €63k + excellent pension. Salary depends on years and suitability of experience
Electrical trade papers required, and full driving license
Our client runs the largest airport facility in Ireland, they seek maintenance electricians who will be employed directly by the DAA and will be doing rotating shiftwork, with a mix of nights, days, weekends and weekdays. An award winning pension scheme is also on offer to successful applicants, where (seperate to your salary) between 7% and 10% is paid by your employer towards your pension, which you are also paying into.
This role requires a highly motivated, resourceful & enthusiastic individual, who seeks a challenging technical environment to further develop their skills while at the same time enhancing core service product. This role is shift based and reports directly to the Airfield Electrical Team Lead who is responsible for ensuring the effective monitoring and maintenance of all airfield electrical and control systems, as well as some campus electrical infrastructure. The role requires that work is completed in a structured manner to ensure the completion of planned, reactive and emergency maintenance on a diverse range of airfield & landside electrical infrastructural assets including but not limited to; AGL systems, PLC’s, SCADA systems, HMI Systems, Apron and Stand HMLs, Street Lighting.
• Monitoring and maintenance of the Airfield Lighting Systems, ensuring full compliance with EASA regulations and ICAO Annex 14, ensuring systems are managed and maintained in accordance with Aerodrome Services Manuals
• Promotion and drive of personal safety requirements in line with applicable Health & Safety and NASI Standards.
• Communicate effectively with the team to ensure the effective performance of assets through varies communication channels and technology platforms such as end of shift reports, Maximo w/o reports, MALM engineering, Malms testing reports, Scada Alarms, GIS etc.
• Carry out critical asset repairs, inspections and health checks of systems
• Accurately gather and report relevant data and information that will assist in developing airfield electrical asset-based health reports and ensure the optimum performance of assets.
• Ensure the full adaption and use of technology-based systems for the assurance of asset performance and aerodrome compliance i.e. MALMS, Argos and similar systems
• Ensure regular monitoring of Electrical Scada Systems during shifts and obtain updates from handover team members to ensure the optimum performance of assets and to ensure the appropriate planning of reactive maintenance based on the relevant health status of assets and alarm notifications from such systems.
• Provide support and respond to IAA Station Managers, Engineers & ATC requests as required during shifts on issues such as but not limited to Human Machine Interface Systems, Generator issue, Lighting Controls AGL failures or defect reports etc.
• Support the airfield asset management team in assisting with Dublin Airports Winter Maintenance Plan in tasks such as:
Runway & Taxiway Signage Snow Clearing
AGL Snow Clearing
Airfield Winter Contractor Escorting
• Provide electrical support as and when required to site colleagues and external contractors throughout the Airfield.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a fully qualified electrician.
• Good working knowledge of electrical systems design, operations and maintenance (ideally airfield based).
• Experience of working in a highly regulated and/or safety critical working environment.
• Competent IT skills for the efficient operation of computerised maintenance-based recording systems, Microsoft office applications and similar IT systems and software.
• Ideally have experience in all or some of the following:
o Working with AGL series circuits (CCRs) or similar type electrical systems.
o PLC control systems.
o Operation and monitoring of SCADA systems.
o Understand the EASA regulatory compliant standards for airfield electrical systems.
• Strong work ethic with a high level of initiative and enthusiasm, and an ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, sometimes in a high pressure and safety critical operational environment.
• High attention to detail and quality of work.
• Strong concern for the health and safety of self and others with the ability to work safely and effectively under pressure without complacency and in line with H & S policy and risk assessments.
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Team player, capable of working both collaboratively and independently.
• Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
Education & Qualifications (Mandatory Practicing/Training/Compliance Certification):
• Full clean driving licence.
• Hold a relevant electrical trade apprenticeship and appropriate trade courses, certificates, and examinations