Ref No: DT17993
County Cavan, Republic of Ireland
Maintenance Fitter Co Cavan
The Role & Purpose
Our client firm is an ambitious, growing enterprise. Having won new business, cultivated deep client trust, increased tailored sustainable products and developed leading technology.
We are seeking a hands on experienced Maintenance Fitter to set-up, install and maintain and support manufacturing equipment to ensure optimum performance and support the achievement of operation goals. The candidate should enjoy practical work and be able to cope with the physical demands of the job. The role will operate on shift rotation (6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm).
• The job requires the Maintenance Fitter to provide day to day engineering services in a busy high-speed manufacturing environment.
• You will be responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of the equipment and machinery.
• Mechanical or Mechanical Maintenance Fitter should be able to multitask and solve problems that arise on site. The job requires these problems to be resolved quickly and efficient.
• Always be maintaining accurate and up to date maintenance documentation.
• Delivering a high-quality maintenance service to production.
• Ensure that maintenance works efficiently, effectively, safely, in line with the maintenance strategy and responsible for carrying out planned work.
• Required to work shifts and on call rota
The successful Mechanical Maintenance Fitter candidate will possess:
• At least 2 years’ trade experience as a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter.
• Mechanical Automation and Maintenance Fitting Qualification.
• The ideal candidate would be coming from a Manufacturing background.
• You will provide key engineering support to a busy production department.
• You will be required to trouble shoot and repair damaged or poor performing equipment.
• Assist in the compilation and presenting of technical feedback on engineering performance relating to yield output, downtime and where necessary, you and the other technicians will make engineering improvements and enhancements to increase productivity and efficiency.
• Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills are essential for this job.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Maintenance Fitter must be able to multitask and have a proven track record.
• Team player and a good problem solver.
• You must be flexible in this position and be prepared to undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to time, which may be outside the area of your normal duties