Ref No: AM17190
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Maintenance Fitter - Dublin.
Food processing sector.
Our client seeks to employ an experienced Maintenance Fitter to join its engineering team.
Interested applicants should ideally have previous experience in the food processing sector, although experience in other sectors will be actively considered.
Equipment includes deep fat fryers, spiral freezers, coating equipment, multi-head weighers, VFFS baggers, and tray packing. Within the plant there are various refrigeration types, air handling, thermal oil, compressed air, etc.
• This is full time, permanent position working a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday, with occasional overtime on the weekends.
• In this role you should take a proactive approach to the day-to-day maintenance of equipment
• Carry out preventative maintenance.
• Respond swiftly to breakdowns during production and occasionally, after hours.
• Develop and execute novel solutions to one-off issues that can be expected to occur in a facility with a diverse range of equipment and processes.
• Help develop and maintain an organised workshop environment.
• Execute your tasks to conclusion: ordering and chasing down spares, organising and supervising external contractors, liaising with internal parties.
• Convey what you know to others in a manner that will improve operator understanding and use of their equipment.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills required: the ability to narrow down a problem and generate, if necessary, clever workarounds in order that disturbance to production is minimised
• Be comfortable bearing the responsibility of being the only engineering person on site at times.
You should have:
• Minimum 5 years post-apprenticeship industrial experience.
• Food experience is preferred but a background in a similarly varied industry will be actively considered.
• Good electrical troubleshooting skills (relating to the issues common to a working production environment)