Ref No: AM17540
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Maintenance Technician (Automation) - West Dublin.
This role will be working a 4-cycle shift.
In this role you will manage the preventative maintenance and repair of automation equipment in operation within the plant. This includes carrying out all routine PM work and troubleshooting unscheduled breakdowns on the assets to determine true root causes of issues. Continuously monitoring line performance to maximize output and yield of the assets.
• To maintain automation equipment in excellent condition ensuring consistent quality, output & yield.
• Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, controls, PC or software issues which occur on high volume medical device production equipment.
• Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records on a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Produce detailed shift handovers to ensure effective communicating of issues across each shift.
• Participate in lean continuous improvement project teams for improvements on production equipment.
• Order and maintain appropriate stock of spare parts.
• Train new technicians as required.
• Work with all cross-functional departments within the business to ensure that processes meet their requirements.
Interested candidates should have:
• Minimum Level 6 qualification (or close to completing) in Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical, Automation, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics Engineering or similar, or qualified trades personnel.
• Previous relevant experience within a manufacturing environment, ideally high-volume manufacturing.
• Ability to read mechanical, electrical & pneumatic schematics.
• Good written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to organise and prioritise tasks; must be detail orientated and self-motivated.
• Must be able to work independently on own projects while working concurrently with all departments and levels of employees.
• Good communication skills.