Ref No: AM17709
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Maintenance Technician (Electrician) - West Dublin.
This is a days role (office hours).
Manage the maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities in operation. Liaise with external contractors for the maintenance and repair of same. Also responsible for running and maintaining the preventative maintenance system to pre-determined guidelines.
• Responsible for the maintenance of plant and equipment in the company, compiling standard specifications/procedures for each item and monitoring all existing plant to standard specifications.
• The above equipment will include among others, moulding machines, automation/robots, water heaters, oil heaters, conveyors and hot runner controllers.
• Work with the Production Group leaders in troubleshooting equipment/plant problems.
• Responsible for specifying and purchasing the most suitable equipment and in conjunction with the Buyer/Planner negotiating the best deal.
• Establish relationships with the customers and suppliers in pursuit of continuous improvement and on-going business development.
• Attend, schedule and facilitate internal meetings to help establish priorities and assign tasks.
• Solve, in conjunction with the Quality department, customer related problems/issues as needed
• In conjunction with approved vendors, research new processes and/or systems for maintenance/manufacture of equipment and implement new processes and systems as developed under the direction of the Operations Manager.
• Instruct others, formally or informally, regarding manufacturing related skills or knowledge and assist in the training of employees on new processes or systems introduced to the company.
• Coordinate the development of documentation in the facilities areas in line with ISO9001/ ISO 13485 requirements, and review the systems with the Process Engineer/Group Leaders and the Quality department on a regular basis to ensure conformance to same.
• Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
Interested applicants should have:
• Electrical qualification/time served.
• Previous experience in a facility maintenance environment would be an advantage.
• Good knowledge of PLC programming and electrical work.
• Ability to read electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic drawings would be an advantage.
• Ideally some knowledge in mould maintenance and experience of supporting a high-volume manufacturing environment.
• Ideally some understanding of the injection moulding process.